thomas malloy wrote:
Jed Rothwell posted

Here is part of an FAQ recently mailed to me by the International Association of Nanotechnology <[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

3. Is it possible to make nano nuclear bomb, using nanotechnology which could release massive lethal nuclear radiation ? Yes.

A nano tech nuclear bomb? As I understand it, a critical mass is required to make the bomb explode. Does anyone have an explanation of how something like this would work?

You already know how something like this would work, or at least you should by now. According to the Foresight Institute, cavitation bubble collapse is a nanotechnology. It is used constructively to process materials into nano-powders mostly (see Ken Susslick's work for examples), but if used on any radioactive material, it would release massive lethal nuclear radiation. The British Navy found this out while cleaning the hulls of ships that had trace quantities of radioactive material around the torpedo tubes while using a phased-array, transducer based, multi-bubble cavitator to blast away barnacles - hence the NATO conference. I found this out in my kitchen in Seattle while testing my machine. It does not even require that the radioactive material be refined, enriched, or in any other way pre-processed. It just works.

Nighty night, sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite.

Knuke
And as the words were leaving his lips, a knock comes on the door....