I know the demo is dodgy; most of the heats going up not down! and yes I could do that with a cup of coffee. We need to build a real heat engine demo unit. I know its not a good demo of the basic glow discharge work but could we make that Stirling run on something? A real CF cell.
It's the heat engine side of things we need to look at more.
Mike Carrell wrote:

Jean-Louis Naudin's stirling engine running on a glow discharge,
tungsten welding rods in potassium Carbonate_** _** , looks good. It's
2003 work but the web site is relativily new. Except for the web page
glitchs Steven noted is there any problem with naudin's work. The
demonstration is itself quite powerful. I hope to use it and other
material in presentations to my friends in the Mars Society.
See:
http://jlnlabs.imars.com/cfr/html/cfrstir.htm
----------------------------------
Let's see. You run current through the solution in the beaker and it gets
hot and runs the Stirling engine. **Any** solution will do this by simple
resistance heating. No cold fusion demonstrated. Naudin references Mizuno's
work with plasma electrolysis and calls this "cold fusion", which may
incidentally be happening.

Electrolysis with potassium carbonate is also a setup for the BlackLight
Power process as demonstrated by Mills over a decade ago. So that may also
be happening.

With the setup shown, there is no way to separate out these effects.

Mike Carrell
.