Frank, I've been giving some thought to your whole
Beta-Atmosphere theory and reading your papers on the
strength of materials, and I was shaken by the
epiphany of a Unified Field Theory.

Hal Puthoff, Alfonso Rueda, Bernard Haisch and others
have demonstrated that inertia and gravity can both be
explained by the effect of Zero-Point Fluctuations,
with the gravity explanation requiring the warping of
space by matter.

Your explanation of the strength of materials as a
result of the difference between B-A pressure
internally and externally would seem to require the
reduction of B-A pressure / density in the pressence
of matter.

Assuming that Beta-Atmosphere (Beta-Aether) and the
ZPF are the same thing, allow me to synthesize the
concepts together and expostulate upon the result.

This reduction in B-A pressure would explain the
apparent warping of space which results in gravity.
Also, it would explain the apparent effect of gravity
on light.

I have never followed the theory that light could be
directly effected by gravity, as it has no mass.
However, the speed of a compression wave is inversly
dependant upon the density of the medium through which
it travels.  Refraction of the light as it enters an
area of progressivly reduced B-A density would bend it
towards the "source", just as gravity would if it
could effect light.

Electro-Magnetism has also been linked to the ZPF (and
thus B-A), and proposed as a means of harnessing its
energy.

The differing power laws related to the various
manefestations of this effect could well be due to
some form of hierarchal relationship in the B-A, At
Casimir distances only certain types of ZPF
fluctuations are allowed by the boundary conditions of
scale.  As the scale increases, you can get more and
more types of ZPF fluctuations which result in
different aspects of the B-A pressure.

Merlyn
Magickal Engineer and Technical Metaphysicist

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs