Jed Yes,
On energy efficiency and some scope for 'green' alternatives.

Believe me, lack of the economic growth is no means to deal with
catastrophes nature will inevitably throw at us.

Take a leaf out of sub-Saharan Africa...

Millennia and nothing to show for it except mud-huts and self-inflicted
genocide. There is only so much Bob Geldof can do and I don't doubt the
sincerity of left leaning folk.

Economic growth means Power, Water and Sewerage, Hospitals and Medicine,
Schools and Universities to provide a steady stream of professionals.

That's what makes me angry about the left. Why does Africa have to be any
different? Ultimately *it will have to* become an economic power and fend
for itself.

On a micro-economic level what has the welfare cheque down for
Afro-Americans (and elsewhere?) - it lead to dependency. Why is it that any
other immigrant community that comes into a country rapidly with 2
generations becomes economically sufficient?

I tell you it's the leaders... The "vote for me, I'll give you services and
rip off those you hate, sell your soul my agenda" is no different than any
African dictator or revolutionary turned despot.

Remi.