Harry Veeder wrote:

OrionWorks wrote:

From: Harry Veeder

I was wondering if anyone has heard about this lifter experiment which
purports to show that there is no new physics associated with lifters.

http://www.blazelabs.com/l-vacuum.asp

If so, do you feel the experiment is definitive?

Harry

It's doing a pretty good job of convincing me.

I seem to recall some dissention on this matter, however.

My recollection is that someone on Vortex had made the claim that lifter
thrust has been recorded in a vacuum, but I can't remember who made that claim
or in what context.

Speak up, or forever hold your peace!

Yes, I would like hear about that too.

Anyway, consider the description of the experiment I mentioned above.
Near the bottom of the page it says:

 "During this experiment, the lifter in the chamber was not flying but was
 set hanging down on a very weak spring."

I presume this means he has turned the lifter upside down to perform the
vacuum test. However, perhaps the orientation of the lifter relative to
gravity does play role in generating a true lifter effect. Turning it upside
down might spoil the true effect. Consequently, the thrust he observed
could be explained by conventional physics.

Harry

According to Thomas Townsend Brown, bifeld and he originated the technology, there is no orientation bias and he claimed tests in vacuum but the Nasa lab that owned the vacuum chamber don't back the claim. Some one need to build a non metallic vacuum chamber so we can test things definitively. There are several technologies: magnetic plasma sails; ion engines and some plasma engines that have the potential for unmeasured interactions with the vessel that need to be controlled for.