OrionWorks wrote:

From: Mitchell Swartz
At 11:56 PM 9/13/2005, Ed Storms inaccurately pontificates:

Michael Foster wrote:
Is Ed Storms actually a Super Double Secret Dysinformation
Agent who has penetrated the white knights of Vortex-L?

Storms: This is not true, a proper person can buy heavy-water. The issue is liability. D2O is a poison. Therefore, like all
such chemicals, it is sold only to businesses.
Now either Ed is stupid or uninformed, which I seriously
doubt, or he assumes that I am stupid and/or uninformed,
which I guess is open to speculation.   You need to replace
half the water in your body with D2O before it becomes
toxic.  On that scale, Karo syrup is more poisonous.
Storms: Well Michael, I have no trouble buying heavy water.
    Despite Storms' claim, it has gotten more difficult to obtain heavy water.

Despite Storms' claim, compared to many things, D2O is NOT poisonous in small amounts. In small amounts, D2O is used in medical tests, medical studies, and even as a tracer in drug-compliance studies.

Hey folks be nice both Mitchell and Ed might be right. There is every chance the restrictions Mitchell and others are facing simply are not opperating in Ed's part of the USA. With a Los Alamos background he might simply never meet anyone who questions his quallification to buy the stuff. I know other people who worked at Los Alamos and they got lab work done that most others would have never got access to. When I was at ANU staff and grad students where just walking into the stores and taking things. Nobody worried much as long as you did the paperwork on the way out.