----- Original Message ----- From: "Jed Rothwell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-L@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 5:05 PM
Subject: Joel Barker

Google Alerts tells me that someone named Joe Barker has been promoting cold fusion power -- presumably our CF, not the programming language, and that he made statements about it at the recent SIMposium 2005 program in Boston. I have never heard of Barker, or the SIMposium (Boston I know about), but anyway, I looked him up and sent him a friendly message.

It looks like Joe Barker is just using cold fusion (the energy technology) in the abstract during his presentation. He holds it out there as an example of a technology that could be a cure-all for future problems. He's certainly not promoting cold fusion or talking about the science behind it. It is interesting that he uses cold fusion as an example of a technology that could have a major impact on society to solve problems. A good indication of how people perceive cold fusion. It is funny how cold fusion pops up in the oddest places. It's definitely part of our culture in an obscure way.