I vaguely remember that episode, it started with a
college physics test, having a question which stated
"Explain in your own words why cold fusion is
impossible" or some such.  One student, after some
furious figuring, wrote that it was possible.  He
flunked.  6-mos to a year later he comes back having
spent the intervening time locked in his lab
tinkering, with a CF bomb, to prove that it is
possible.  As I recall he never intended to use it,
but it was accidently set off and destroyed the
lecture hall and very little else.

http://www.theouterlimits.com/episodes/season4/412.htm

> - Jed

Merlyn
Magickal Engineer and Technical Metaphysicist