On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> However an electrostatic hover car which hovers just a few inches to a few
> feet above the ground and no more, may prove to be more practical, legal  and
> easier to build than a flying saucer, since the cars strictly speaking do not
> fly but simply hover just above the ground and no flying license would be
> needed
> to use them.  Some advantages of electrostatic hover cars are that they are
> noiseless, do not wear out roads, nor need roads or tires.

What do you mean "practical?"  As far as I'm aware, nobody has ever
demonstrated any sort of electrostatic "hover" effect which can lift large
mass.  (Have you?)  On the contrary, a charged pair of planes as you
describe should be attracted downwards towards the slightly-conducting
Earth surface, no?

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci