From: thomas malloy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:51 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: chip zapping

John Steck wrote;

Not to promote insurgent behavior, but a well placed frequency 'bomb' could
easily sanitize an entire section of Wal-Mart at one time.  Essentially
that's all that happens at the register when they swipe your purchase over
the electromagnet... These devices are very sensitive to overload.  I would
be very surprised if clothing tags survive a single washer/drier cycle.

I have no interest in monkey wrenching any corporation's store. As
for nuking currency,  that's got to be against the law. In any case,
I'd sooner spend them. OTOH, the nuking experiment that Prison Planet
did, has demonstrated that while these chips might be quite
resilient, I'd be surprised if either the washer or dryer destroyed
them, an EMF over load is quite another matter. If I wanted to get to
the bottom of this, I'd need a reader and a source of microwaves,
just enough power to fry the chip, not enough to set the material
that it is embeded in on fire.