-0700:
Hi,
[snip]
>More idealism? or an ill-wind for Big-oil...
>
>There are many NREL inventions related to ethanol from biomass, such as a
>genetically modified bacteria 'Zymomonas mobilis,' which has had the
>capability to ferment glucose sugars (from grain) all along. By making it
>possible for several types of woody cellulosic sugars to be broken down and
>fermented in a single vat process using this engineered bacteria, NREL has, in
>effect, made a substantial decreases in the capital equipment, complexity, and
>operating costs for cellulosic ethanol production - but only if distillation
>can be avoided.
>
>This can portend something for the national goal of getting rid of imported
>Arab petroleum, if - in the near future - the engine necessary to burn a
>watery fuel becomes a reality in the consumer market-place.
[snip]
Here's a thought for you. Magnegas (http://www.magnegas.com/) will
use carbon compounds in water as it's fuel source, producing
combustible gas. It has also been suggested that it might be OU,
though I never saw what I would accept as proof of that. OTOH it
does make use of an under water arc, and
http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/217kiev.html and
http://www.gdr.org/nuclear_half.htm along with the work of Ken
Shoulders give some hope that it either might be, or might be
adapted to be.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

In a town full of candlestick makers,