--- thomas malloy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I attended a sales lecture for a foreign currency
> exchange (Forex)
> predicting system last night.  An economist came up
> with a algorithm
> based on the Fibonaci numbers. It is said to be
> quite accurate.

My two brothers and some freinds have got involved
with this 4x foreign currency program. Brother says to
go gft.com and get dealbookfx2,(a better deal) in the
settings you can set two or more triangular moving
averages that mimic 4x's program. 4x wants some 2500
dollars? to purchase their software, but they let you
use it for free  on a trial basis for 30 some days.
Apparently what this  (4x) trial basis program does is
give you practice in currency trading by using an
imaginary sum of starting money and to see how you
would do if this were reflected as actual monetary
trades.  What really surprised me was the fact that
every time you make a trade, ( I think the program
supposedly tells you when a currencies value is going
to go up), the  currency chart reflects this and seems
to do the opposite effect, the value you are betting
on to go up actually goes down instead.  Since the
value of the currency seems be reflected on who is
betting on it to go up, this sounds very similar to
what happens in racetrack betting. A horse may have a
very high odds against winning a race, but once a
significant amount of people bet on that horse, the
odds change to a lower payoff. Sort of an insurance
policy for the racetrack owners to never loose money
by manipulating the odds payoff to reduce their
potential payoffs. Now the first question that comes
up with currency trading is this.  Since the player in
the program is only typically playing with thousands
of dollars, and there is actually millions (or more)of
dollars being traded; why does such a small bet act
like it is actually influencing the value of the
currency being traded? This didnt make any sense to me
until I realized the following.  What if there are
thousands of other folks out there who are betting
exactly like you are betting. What if the major
players in currency exchange are doing the same thing
you are doing?  Then the thing starts to make sense
and one can even go into conspiracy theories about
this thought. What if the worlds major currency values
are being manipulated by a world bank  or some such
thing like the IMF to their own advantage?  Since the
value of a countries currency is supposed to be based
on that countries productivity or gross national
product or some such word,(I am by no means an
economist): could it possibly be true that outside
manipulative forces be at work here?  It seems to make
sense that if a world bank gives a loan to a country;
and then that countries currency is devalued: on the
loan payback more currency is needed to satisfy the
loan payback and its attendant interest; with the net
effect that the banks profits are being maximized. Has
anyone noted whether this is a popular conspiracy
theory?  Do some people think that the worlds major
money lenders are involved in manipulating things to
their own advantage?
Sincerely Inquisitive;
Harvey D Norris

Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/