-0700 (PDT):
Hi,
[snip]
>Ltihium is certainly associated with many OU
>experiments, though most of them are using Pd and
>deuterium (heavy water). But there is natural
>deuterium in any aqueous lithium solution, and other
>metals in electrodes could be active also - certainly
>Ni and Pt.
[snip]
Li has an x-ray absorption peak at 54.75 eV. Presumably this can
also be stimulated directly through atom on atom contact, which
implies that Li may very well be a good Mills catalyst. Actually
the energy required is about 0.35 eV too much, but overpotential
at the electrode could easily make up the difference.
I'm not sure of the exact chemistry in Li ion batteries, but I
suspect that at some point both Li and H are formed concurrently
on one electrode. That would frequently put both atoms in direct
contact, so that hydrino catalysis can take place. In short we may
be seeing explosive hydrino formation under some circumstances, or
alternatively, a population of severely shrunken hydrinos may be
building up over time, which eventually leads to the reaction

H + Li7 -> 2He4

The energetic alphas then create much O++ resulting in run-away
hydrino formation and shrinkage. The energy herefrom would cause
the battery to explode.

BTW In an old edition of Infinite-Energy magazine the cover story
dealt with seeding furnaces with small quantities of Lithium. IMO,
this is another example of Li catalyzing hydrino reactions.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition provides the motivation,