This has probably already been answered somewhere in this interesting thread,
so my apologies for asking again.

How does the body deal with the elevated acidic levels in the blood stream,
particularly when excreted through the kidneys? A while back I ingested regular
doses of time-released vitamin C tablets (as a health precaution) and I seem to
recall eventually experiencing a burning in my urinary track which I attributed
to irritation brought on by higher acidic levels in my blood and in in my
urine. When I stopped taking C the irritation went away.

I assume the general answer to my affliction would be to drink more water to
dilute the acidic content, (Drinking plenty of water is always considered a
good thing!) but doesn't one then have to deal with the possibility that other
vital minerals & vitamins are in danger of being flushed out of the system as
well?

I'm curious. How does one balance the pros and cons?

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com