The assumption of sanity may not hold with Sunni Arabs who have shown
capabilities of treachery and duplicity and insanity rivaling even the
Catholics at the time of the Inquisition.  Look how they call westerners
'crusaders' when the most successful 'crusaders' against Moslems was
Ghengis Khan.  Khan and his heirs sought to root out and destroy the
Moslems totally.  Khan was a Nestorian Christian, not a pagan as some
believed, and blamed the Moslems for destroying the seat of his faith
in Esfahan and other cities in where modern Iran is now.  Were it not
for the Moslems, a third great center of Christianity would exist where
Iran and Iraq is now.  Even now the moslems live in mortal fear of
any incursion from the East.

Standing Bear