-0700:
Hi,
[snip]
>> Essentially correct, but be careful not to confuse Hy (neutral)
>> with what I have been designating "hyh" (Hydrinohydride) which
>> carries a negative charge (or Hy- if you prefer that notation).
>
>So, we have three possible combinations:
>
>1: A proton with one electron in the normal Bohr quantum state (i.e. the
>usual hydrogen atom)

Obviously correct.

>2. A proton with one or more electrons in Mills quantum states, which
>would be a very stable negative Hy ion, which I would designate Hy-,
>Hy--, etc, depending on the number of electrons.

Hy- is the only possible negative ion AFAIK. This is because the
first electron (the hydrinos own electron) essentially neutralizes
the protons charge, while the second electron that turns Hy into
Hy- neutralizes the magnetic field of the first electron. It's as
though you joined two bar magnets together with their opposing
poles together, then put "keepers" on them. Most of the magnetic
flux flows through the keepers directly to the other magnet
completing the circle. In short there is very little noticeable
external flux available to form additional bonds. This is also the
true reason why S shells of all atoms are limited to two
electrons.

In short even though the hydrino is shrunken, it is still a
spherical shell, and hence essentially an S shell.

More electrons are not possible, because both magnetic and
electrostatic attraction forces have been "used up", i.e. there
are no more protons in the nucleus to generate electrostatic force
which could "hold on to" additional electrons.

>3. A proton with one or more electrons in Mills quantum states and zero
>or one electron in the usual Bohr quantum state, which would be a stable
>molecule.
>In this case the other ion would have a positive charge equal
>to the total number of electrons associated with the proton. If the
>other ion is a proton, I would designate this as HyH, which would be
>neutral.

I believe what you are talking about here is an ionic bond between
Hy- and a proton (though the wording is a little confusing). This
may not exist as such, but rather as a dihydrino molecule.
(Essentially a shrunken hydrogen molecule).

>A corresponding compound with a Hy-- would be HyH2, or HyNa2
>or HyCa, if other elements are used. Does this describe your understanding?

As mentioned above, I don't think there is any Hy ion more
negative than Hy-.
[snip]
>> Never heard of it. Reference?
>  Oriani, R.A. Anomalous Heavy Atomic Masses Produced by Electrolysis.
>in The Seventh International Conference on Cold Fusion. 1998. Vancouver,
>Canada: ENECO, Inc., Salt Lake City, UT.
>  Fisher, J.C., Polyneutrons as agents for cold nuclear reactions.
>Fusion Technol., 1992. 22: p. 511.

Thanks.
[snip]
Regards,