Hi Jones,

I'm sure you have seen the writups:
http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/226yang.html
http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/216koldamasov.html

Yeah, I know all about Ludwik's blogs and also where he got his information from and where he is speculating and where he is inaccurate. A lot of stuff he's got is helpful and accurate, but not all of it. Ludwik is a friend of mine, but not a business associate -- so I'm not collaborating with him, nor interfering with what he is doing.

A relevant question: is there any indication that the reaction slows or ceases after a certain time frame - unless new liquid (oil or heavy water) is replaces the "spent" liquid ?

The cells I saw running experienced cracking in the vicinity of the reaction which developed after about 15 minutes to a point at which the operators felt it was unsafe to continue running a 1000psi system with bystanders within several feet of the system. So they took the system down intentionally and changed out cells.

But your question pertains more directly to the consumption of mass in exchange for energy. This is, indeed, a question which I asked the techs when I was there.

From my observation and their response, the answer is no. I think if you do the math, and calc out e=mc^2, and calc the volume in the system, (which unfortunately I don't have data on -- yet) I think you'll find that it would take a long, long time for the fuel to be consumed. That's the gist of what was explained to me. I've received conflicting reports on the energy production levels so I'm not going to quote or speculate until I have clearer data.