Thank's Jed I'll follow this up. Its nice to have a true scholar on the other side of a debate.
Jed Rothwell wrote:

I forgot to mention that Pascal's argument is also a logical fallacy: appeal to the consequences of a belief. This was defined thousands of years before Pascal was born. All in all it was a sloppy analysis, and Pascal -- who was a sharp thinker -- should have been ashamed of himself.

I wish that people would learn basic logic in grade school. They should be drilled on a dozen or so common logical fallacies that have been known for thousands of years. The subject is no harder than addition and subtraction, and armed with this knowledge you can avoid innumerable stupid errors. The world would be a better place for it. A lot of political rhetoric, for example, boils down to one fallacy or another. You can take a refresher course here: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

Wesley Bruce wrote:

I have seen people cured of the incurable.

This assertion makes no sense. If they were cured it was not incurable, q.e.d. I think you mean that you have seen people cured when the odds were against them. No doubt this is true, but it proves nothing about faith because most people who are seriously ill and who pray die anyway, and some atheists survive. Causality has long been searched for but never found. Even the so-called placebo affect has now been shown to be pure moonshine. Regarding the applicablity of this to science, I suggest you read Francis Bacon, who wrote in "Novum Organum" (1620):

"The human understanding, when any preposition has been once laid down, (either from general admission and belief, or from the pleasure it affords,) forces every thing else to add fresh support and confirmation; and although more cogent and abundant instances may exist to the contrary, yet either does not observe or despises them, or gets rid of and rejects them by some distinction, with violent and injurious prejudice, rather than sacrifice the authority of its first conclusions. It was well answered by him [Diagoras] who was shown in a temple the votive tablets suspended by such as had escaped the peril of shipwreck, and was pressed as to whether he would then recognise the power of the gods, by an inquiry; "But where are the portraits of those who have perished in spite of their vows?" All superstition is much the same, whether it be that of astrology, dreams, omens, retributive judgment, or the like; in all of which the deluded believers observe events which are fulfilled, but neglect and pass over their failure, though it be much more common. But this evil insinuates itself still more craftily in philosophy and the sciences; in which a settled maxim vitiates and governs every other circumstance, though the latter be much more worthy of confidence. Besides, even in the absence of that eagerness and want of thought, (which we have mentioned,) it is the peculiar and perpetual error of the human understanding to be more moved and excited by affirmatives than by negatives, whereas it ought duly and regularly to be impartial; nay, in establishing any true axiom, the negative instance is the most powerful."