Hi Steven,

I'm quite optimistic. Though the best work appears to be happening under the radar. The smart people, unlike those who promote their companies and technologies through Web sites which I will not name, recognize the need to obtain irrefutable results and are working towards that end. They are painfully aware of both the paradigm-breaking nature of this science, and also aware of the threat to incumbent energy enterprises.

More mainstream journals are starting to accept cf papers. Sooner or later a mainstream journal is going to do a major story on LENR transmutation. It's inevitable. The nice thing about the transmutation results, as pointed out by Iwamura, is that unlike heat, the evidence is not transient. So it's easy to validate.

I asked Dave Nagel's perspective relative to the promise of cold fusion this last week. He replied with a quote from some other military leader whose name I don't remember, who said. "I'm very good at predicting what things will happen in the future. But I'm not so good at predicting when they will happen."

I'm going to release something now that partially illuminates where some of my optimism comes from. I will eventually name the source, but not now. He said, just about a year ago, "Have no doubt. We are going to win this war, after losing every battle." It's a most interesting and stunning quote, certainly. For now though, I have nothing more to say about it. The cake is still baking.

From my view, the public really doesn't give a damn about the injustices to good science, to good scientists and to research which will inevitably provide for a benefit for all humanity. The general public, predominately, wants results -- but does not want to pay for them. Fortunately, a few wise, wealthy people have better vision than most of the public and are positioning themselves strategically in support of this research, and in doing so, will grace mankind with the tools and energy to continue civilization.

Once that happens, it will be up to the social scientists, policy-makers and NGOs to see that the new source of energy is used wisely and appropriately.