Jed wrote:

> Spontaneous biogenesis is at least hypothetically possible I suppose
> (it is not a logical fallacy), but I think it is factually wrong.

??? What else is there besides God-designed biogenesis and purely
spontaneous biogenesis? Something along the lines of Hoyle's panspermia? I'm
rather intrigued by the above, please elaborate. (and note I am not going to
start a battle over whatever you say...I am genuinely interested)

And to the list in general:

Aside from that, as far as Pascal's wager goes, I can only offer this: in
the end, we will know. Unfortunately, getting to the point to absolutely
know the answer is sort of a one way thing.

As to logical fallacies....I do not like them. But worse, I even more
dislike the fact that whenever there is a debate over something, people
spend more time pointing out each other's use of logical fallacies and/or
grammatical problems, then actually discussing the topic at hand. Case in
point: Usenet.

Which circle of hell do the alt.* newsgroups lie within? :)

--Kyle