Hello Robin,
I understand your project is theoretical.
I understand that *today *you have no real result. But after built a test /
lab model you would have.

I am sure I missed plenty. However, I think it is possible to find people
interested in doing volunteer work.
Not saying it is not difficult.
It takes a project leader with conviction and passion (I think that is
you):)

I agree that it is hard to find an engineering company to do the job . It
does have very little attraction.
They are not convinced it works.
They see no future (repeat business ) etc.

The key is to find a group of people and make sure the group has all the
required skills and resources between them.
A double capacity in the essential areas is good.
The people need to have passion for the possibilities.
Then make an agreement to split the ownership in a generous way.  (10% of
$1,000 is $100, 100% of $1 is $1 must be the thought).
I think you need a clause that says anyone 'defecting' before the project
is finalized loses his interest.
If you are right (and I suppose you believe so, Otherwise . . ) all the
criteria I mentioned will be there and the Angel will change tune..

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM