you are right that regulation of the grid is essential for safety, and
stability.
Of course I assumed that the engineering regulation would be respected,
the regulation i talk abou are not about safety but just to protect
utilisties as often regulation are exploited by politicians.

just putting 2 generators on the same home-grid is not so simple. it is
like having two internet access on the same network. (with DC it can be
simpler, or not).

anyway it is probably hopeless as there is no hope that people respect
engineering rules strictly (see how IT safety is respected at home), and
that regulation by state avoid defending the economic rents of big corps
and numerous voters.,

independence seems natural if possible.
even if the reactor is managed by a network of plumber companies.