Dr G. Miley and his partner, Dr. Hera predict how magic numbers of protons
and neutrons form

Even if Ed Storms discounts transmutation as an LENR energy production
mechanism, transmutation is the source of energy in LENR  that has showed
up in experimental data since 2010 involving some generalized isotopic and
elemental changes encompassing some 40 or 50 elements in the light and
medium Z range  since the Ni/H reactor data has been made available.

This way of looking at past experimental transmutation data, there is
nothing special about helium, lithium or nickel as the singular source of
LENR energy. These elements are just one of a zoo of many possible
transmutation reactions based on the particular geometry of the reaction
process.

Dr. G. Miley and his associate Dr Hora have come up with a theoretical
framework for transmutation that is based on the three quark nature of the
proton and neutron. This theory predicts that the transmuted elements that
we see in LENR will tend to follow the magic and double magic proton and
neutron count.

>From Miley, we would expect to see magic number elements form as a result
of nuclear rearrangement when the coulomb barrier is disrupted because they
are the most stable nuclei configurations among the elements.

Z = 2(He), 8(O), 20(Ca), 28(Ni), 50(Sn), 82(Pb),

See

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_number_(physics)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_number_(physics)>*

In explanation, the nucleus seems to have seven magic numbers. An atom with
a magic number of protons or neutrons is super stable.

When both the protons and neutrons are magic, that's a double magic atom.
There are only seven of them.

The seven magic numbers are 2, 8, 20, 28, 50, 82, and 126. (and maybe 184)
They are the number of nucleons - which can be either protons or neutrons -
you need to fill up the shells found in the atomic nucleus. The completely
filled shells cause the atomic nucleus to be more tightly bound together
than simple calculations would predict, meaning the magic atoms are
unusually stable.

So, if both the neutrons and protons happen to be magic numbers, the atom
is not only extra stable, but its nucleus is also rigidly symmetrical,
which is very unusual and helps observers confirm the doubly magic
properties of the atom.

These isotopes - which include helium-4 (2 protons and 2 neutrons, and one
of the most abundant isotopes in the universe), lead-208 (82 protons and
126 neutrons, and the heaviest stable atom), and the pair of calcium-48 and
nickel-48 (the former has 20 protons and 28 neutrons, while the latter is
vice versa). The latest to be discovered is tin-132, which has 50 protons
and 82 neutrons.

These protons and neutrons form proton and neutron lattice layers as follows

The magic numbers are then

•             2

•             8=2+6

•            20=2+6+12

•            28=2+6+12+8

•            50=2+6+12+8+22

•            82=2+6+12+8+22+32

•           126=2+6+12+8+22+32+44

•           184=2+6+12+8+22+32+44+58

Miley and Hora identified that nuclei undergoing a LENR reaction want to
stabilize at the highly stable double magic number configuration.

This is because neutrons want to be paired with protons to form a
symmetrical nucleus with perfectly shaped lattice based shells.

Elements with lots of unpaired neutrons like Th232 and U238 would make for
great LENR metals. These metals would stabilize at lead 208.

Some nuclides are double-magic, in that the number of protons and neutrons
are both magic, such as helium-4, oxygen-16, calcium-40, calcium-48,
nickel-48, and lead-208. These isotopes are particularly stable and this is
where LENR wants to go.

Hora who is Miley’s collaborator, makes a convincing case that the nucleus
conforms to a R (n) (n = 1, 2, 3…) of the Boltzmann probabilities, namely R
(n) = 3 to the nth power. This suggests a threefold property of stable
configurations at magic numbers in Nuclei, consistent with a quark property.

Now, we can use this nuclear engineering background to predict what the
LENR ash content will look like when the nucleus is broken down into a
quark soup.

In LENR two concurrent processes are occurring simultaneously: fusion and
fission.

Fusion occurs when more than one nucleus is affected in the zone of the
reaction.

The relative strength of these two reactions will reflect the amount of
screening that the reactor can produce.

Elements built up by the fusion process will be subsequently disassembled
by a fission process.

But the chances are good that you can expect to see proton magic number
elements like helium, calcium, oxygen, nickel, tin and lead appear in the
LENR ash because they are proton magic number elements.

Also, you can expect to see Neutron magic number isotopes favored in LENR.

Furthermore thing get more complicated, it is a well-known fact that the
lowering of the coulomb barrier in the nucleus can increase the radiation
levels of alpha emitters.

When screening intensity is increased, it is reasonable to expect that
other light elements besides Helium(Z=2) will be expelled(aka fission) from
the nucleus.

These are Lithium(Z=3) , Beryllium(Z=4), and Boron(Z=5).

Intermediate elements will form that result from the emissions of
these light elements like iron, chromium vanadium, titanium, and scandium.

Sulfur(Z=16) will form from the beryllium(Z=4) emission from calcium(Z=20).

The large amount of iron found in the ash products of the Ni/H reaction
point to alpha decay of nickel.

This transmutation theory developed by Miley and Hora leads me to the
conclusion that in TIP3, there has been many transmutation results that
were not found even if they were in fact occurring. In order to do good
transmutation accounting, the testers must do detailed and perfect
bookkeeping of what elements went into the reaction and account for ALL
elements and isotopes that come out of the LENR reaction.