From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:59 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Electric Car Powered by Salt Water: 920 hp, 373 Miles/Tank

MarkI-ZeroPoint <zeropo...@charter.net> wrote:

The 4 electric motors, one on each axle, are rated at a total of 900+HP… there
must be separate storage tech to supply the demands of those motors. Hmmm…

Whoa! That's tremendous. The thing must take off like a drag racer.

The Tesla Model S produces 310 kW.

I have not had a chance to drive a Nissan Leaf. People tell me they are peppy,
jumping up to speed. Electric motors produce a lot of torque at low revs.
Better than gasoline motors. That is why a parallel hybrid such as the Prius
uses mainly electric power to go from zero to 10 mph (I think it is).

The Geo Metro is the opposite of peppy. But fun to drive. I imagine this is how
a Model T must have felt. You start up with lots of noise and vibration and
manually shifting from gear to gear until a quarter mile down the road you are
up to . . . 45 mph. It is more like riding a bicycle than driving a modern car.
You really have to know what the machine is doing, or you will stall. Old
technology teaches you a lot more than modern "no user serviceable parts"
closed technology does.