To: <vortex-L@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: "Not only" SCIENCE "but also" COLD FUSION...

At 09:16 pm 15/12/2005 -0500, Hohlraum wrote:

You have a magnificent obsession, Mr. Grimer.
And your analogy has the ring of truth.
I imagine the movement of the electron between
quantum levels causing "sound" waves in the
Beta-atmosphere . . . expressed as light.

The quote below reminds me of the Bard of Avon.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
  It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
 Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
  Who is already sick and pale with grief,"

Ironically, the sun is cold fusion and the moon is
hot fusion and Juliet is the Truth.
Then again, your ideas *do* imply we are looking
at things the wrong way.

Pity Shakespeare didn't write in Latin, huh?

Thereby hangs a tale,  Err...well, a Literary Anecdote   ;-)

After the christening of one of Ben Jonson's children,
the proud father - noticing Shakespeare (the child's
godfather) engrossed in thought - asked him what was wrong.

Shakespeare replied that, having long wondered what to
offer as a christening present, he had just now decided:
"I'll give him a dozen good latten spoons," he declared,
"and thou shalt translate them."

During the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, latten
(a yellow metal similar to brass) was commonly used in
the manufacture of household implements; the pun also
plays upon the alchemists' endeavors to "translate" base
metals into yellow gold. Though likely apocryphal, this
story neatly illustrates the perceived difference between
the learned Ben and the "un-Latined" Shakespeare and is
not inappropriate for current efforts to "translate"
water into black gold.

   Hohlraum - A metal container that holds a
   ICF capsule. By selecting a high-atomic-
   weight metal like lead, gold, or tantalum,
   radiation energy has difficulty penetrating
   into the metal, and instead primarily heats
   the inside surface of the hohlraum. This
   in turn heats the outside surface of the
   capsule, which sees the hot hohlraum walls.

Frank