Hello Peter,
I think your conclusion about Swedes is a little too general. Not I feel
'hit' by your statement about the Torsaker drama from being a Swede.
However, this happened at the time Sweden was a major powerhouse and ruled
large part of Europe. This stuff happened all over the world and was a
result of ignorance and that the religion promoted mysticism.
 I think you have to see this in the light of more modern cultural flaws. I
responded to Mats about it yesterday saying that the Jante law is still in
charge. Jante is a short for 'Jag ar inte' (I am not . . . ). A Swede
following the Jante laws avoids to accept anything that means he is better
or have a better idea. Proper handling of good news is to say; I have not
seen anything special and I do not take credit for anything good and as a
matter of fact those claiming the right to brag about what I do not know
about- they are lying. In my opinion that is a major hindrance for  new
things to be accepted. During the time we waited for the result from Lugano
several people at Vortex suspected that Swedish professors where delaying
so they could take unfair advantage. I knew that was not the case. There is
no acceptance for that in Sweden. One better stick to the Jante law and
admit; 'I am not worthy'. I think it is a way to make sure you do not
predict wrong about the future. Later on if one is wrong following that law
you can easily defend your point of view;'I was not going to accept teh
unclear and tainted result we first heard about - now when we have clear
status I am all in favor'.
Maybe I just accept Torsakersprasten - it is less complicated:)

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM