Is alumina or a triac or some combination there of an enabler in LENR?

Jack Cole has reported an anomaly to us in the thread titled "[Vo]:melted
alumina tube". The alumina insolating powder on the outside of his test
reactor was melted and fused under very high heat, When Jack repeated the
experiment without fuel, the same melting of the alumina insolation
condition was observed. Because this event did not fit into Jack's
preconception of what LENR was supposed to be, Jack dismissed the event as
an unexplained happenstance not related to LENR. But was it some
unknown fluke of nature?

IMHO, Jack should spend some time by looking into this case in more
depth. I suggest that he power the reactor without fuel as he did before
but this time with a power source that is not regulated and controlled by
using triac dimmer for power regulation. If 200 some odd watts of
unregulated power does not melt the alumina, then there is something
special in the output of the triac electrical output that produces extreme
heat in the alumina powder.

Exploring unexplained flukes in experiments is where many breakthrough in
science come from.