In LENR angular momentum can be converted back and forth to linear momentum
many times  before that energy is projected as magnetic force through EMF
photons.

Metal refection converts spin to linear force to drive dipole motion of the
electron hole pair.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1308/1308.0547.pdf

*Extraordinary momentum and spin in evanescent waves*

Then the energy of the dipole is converted back to angular momentum by a
surface boundary to form a magnetic soliton. Then the soliton converts
angular momentum of the amplified spin to an anapole magnetic field that
delivers energy at a distance to the nucleus.

This is how the energy content of the spin of infrared photons are
converted to energy that increases the mass of the proton to convert that
proton into a neutron.