I was just reviewing the very detailed graph by Brian Albiston on his site for
his LENR test on 4/12/2015 and see that it demonstrates proof of heat
generation from within the core.  It may be a little early to determine that
LENR is the source of this power, but there is no doubt in my opinion that some
excess energy is being generated.

As I predicted recently, the PID controller that he is using to maintain the
inner tube temperature constant at approximately 1200 C causes the outer heater
surface to cool down during the time of excess heat generation.   I explained
in detail how the total power would drop when core power is generated during an
earlier post.  This is due to the presence of a thermal resistance that lies
between the sense TC and the heater element.  Core heat flowing through this
resistance will typically have more influence upon the TC reading than that due
to the same amount of power generated within the heater elements.

To achieve a constant temperature across the TC, more power must be reduced
from the electrical heater unit than that being delivered by the core thermal
generation process.  This leads to a reduction in the total power that is
emitted by the overall device surface.   This experiment demonstrates that
process very clearly and we can be confident that some excess power is being
generated by the core.

The behavior of the temperature exchange between the heater TC and the core
sensing TC adds further proof of internal power generation.  The PID lowers the
power being supplied to the heater which causes it temperature to fall
significantly at around the 1200 C point.  At the same time the core
temperature has risen as internal power begins to flow outwards.  As I
mentioned above, more power is taken away from the electrical heater than is
being generated within the core to achieve balance.

It should also be mentioned that the core temperature curve versus input power
shows a large change early within the chart.   A very noticable increase in
core temperature occurs when the device is heading towards a stable operating
point after the input power is stepped.  This is an indication of excess core
power generation that all of my models suggest should occur as positive thermal
feedback begins to take effect.  Again, the source of the power might well be
some chemical process at this early stage in the game but it could also be LENR
related.

At this point we need to have a long term experiment that exhibits the same
type of correlations before we can be certain that the process is nuclear
instead of some unknown chemical effect.  You can be confident that the
behavior is nuclear if indications of this type persist for a month.  Perhaps
someone would like to calculate how long a chemical cause could exist that
leads to this same observation set to establish a lower limit upon the time
required to prove LENR beyond any doubt.

Thanks to Brian for his fine effort.   Perhaps Jack will publish his results
which should add further support to my thermal predictions.  It is great to see
the pieces of the puzzle coming together!

Dave