A reactionless drive tends to break the conservation of energy by just
existing.

Since there is no equal and opposite energy does not balance, double the
velocity would be achieved with double the energy but yield 4 times the
stored energy, eventually that leads to excess energy out.

Now in the case of a non-moving hover, a reactionless thrust against
gravity would not build up any energy, it gains no velocity or height and
would not be entirely dissimilar to a superconducting hover, or orbital
velocity.

Except if it operates the same in free space or in any other direction then
yes it would breach the conservation of energy but by default this tends to
occur anyway.

John