The new particle, Weyl Fermions is a Quasiparticle. It does not exist as a
seperate particle. The electron is made up of a number of properties that
can be seperated out and expressed in interactions with condensed matter.
This special crystal stucture where the Weyl was found does that
seperation.  Since the Weyl Fermion is massless and exists at the speed of
light, this implies that certain electron properties produce mass by
interacting with the higgs field.