No - Craig I did not write that but I think it is correct in a way.
Your more in dept series of events is actually supporting the statement as
I see it.
More important to me is that you actually give good example to how the
manipulation for political reasons becomes more important than the
economical reality.
No body could get money without paying a high interest, which was
impossible as it was shortage of income opportunity - so nobody invested so
nobody bought more than absolute minimum and nobody invested  . .  .
In the end of the day devaluation took place anyhow. The real irony is of
course that as the US dollar dictated the value of other currencies it was
no real devaluation or rather everybody devaluated.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM