Over on the Rossi blog site, there has recently been a ton of questions
asking Rossi what the E-Cat-X is all about. Rossi is silent on that issue.
He is very protective about his new collections of IP secrets. And yet, he
gave the Lugano crew the Hot cat to play with for a month. To completely
give the Lugano testers all his treasured and hard won IP secrets is
completely out of character. Rossi must have thought that the Hot Cat was a
dead end. Try as he might, Rossi could not get the Hot cat to work, and he
gave up on it. He never intended to give anybody the opportunity and the
Know-how to replicate any of his work. Does a leopard change its spots? But
when Rossi read the Lugano report, he saw something he liked very much, it
was something he did not see in all his own extensive Hot cat experiments.
He was very surprised, and he took advantage of this very good luck as he
has always done. Those new insights that he gleaned from the Lugano report
gave him inspiration to invent the E-Cat-X. The tantalizing question that
we are faced with: what insight did Rossi get from the Lugano report.

Maybe Rossi gave up on the Hot Cat because, try as he might, he could not
get the Hot Cat to work well, So he intended to throw his competitors a
curve by showing them a failed test. He used an old fuel load from one of
his failed Hot cat tests knowing full well that the Hot Cat would not work
to any great extent. But to his surprise, the Lugano crew got the reactor
to work anyway beyond all his wildest expectations.

The previously used fuel loaded in the Lugano test showed no build up of
Ni62, just run of the mill nickel isotopes, but the Lugano run changed the
nickel powder into pure Ni62. We know that Rossi was very surprised by this
strange turn of events. Rossi must have thought to himself, what could have
caused that miracle? How come I could not do this thing and those Lugano
testers could?

Because they did not want to melt the hot cat down, the Lugano crew let the
Hot cat heat for 10 days before they decided to up the temperature. In
those first 10 days the Hot cat was a poor performer. Rossi never had the
patience to run the Hot cat for so long, he did not have the patience to
run such a non productive test for that long. But after those 10 days of
gestation, the Lugano crew increased the power and the heat and the Rossi
reaction took off.

The power produced by the reactor showed a COP of 7 when the power was
increased. Something must have been building up over those 10 days of
moderate heat. LENR has always had a history of running for a long time
before the reaction sets in. The Palladium guys thought ot was caused by

Nano-particles were being created slowly until their numbers reached a
critical threshold for the reactor to take off. Without those large 100
micron nickel particles, the nano particle aggregation must be grown large
enough to get the power of the reaction over a critical level. That correct
level is when the aggregation is big enough to establish a positive
feedback loop with the nuclear fusion reactions catalyzed by the
aggregation.

Rossi said to himself, I can just add some of my potassium catalyst to the
lithium aluminum hydride to get the nano particles to form faster. 10 days
is far to long to wait to start up the Hot cat. Then I could turn on the
lithium powder very fast, and I do not need the nickel anymore.