Does anyone know why this interaction varies as the sixth power of separation?
The electric field varies as the second power of distance if single charges are
present, such as the repulsion between two electrons.  I believe this is
assumed to be true due to the electric flux expanding into three(4 with time
included) dimensional space.

When two opposite charges occur as in a dipole arrangement the field drops as
the third power of distance.  This behavior can be calculated by taking the
vector sum of the individual fields of each of the constituent charges.  More
complex fields can be constructed by including additional distributions of
charges in space.  As in the dipole, the total net field as a function of
distance and time can be constructed by superposition of the individual fields.

I wonder how the interaction between the nuclei ends up with such a large power
relationship?  Is this calculated or merely observed in experiments?  Could
there be a missing effect that allows LENR to proceed relatively easily as
compared to plasma interactions that are well documented?  Is the sixth order
interaction short circuited by something similar to our magnetic coupling
concepts?

Dave