On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

The physicists seem to be trodding down a wrong path without ever looking
> around to see if their original assumptions could have been wrong.

There does seem to be some hand-waiving in current subatomic physics, as
well as astrophysics.  And physicists will circle their wagons to defend it
against complaints.  My hope is that by making an effort to better
understand what they're saying, even if some of it is a patchwork of
unexamined assumptions, I'll be better in a position to know what is
hand-waiving and what is based upon a solid experimental foundation.  I
think it can be difficult to do this without some familiarity with the
concepts.

For this reason I'm not one to abandon the whole thing as Hotson seems to
have done.  But I'm reading his two papers right now, because people here
seem to like him.

Eric