From: Roarty, Francis X

http://www.rdmag.com/news/2015/10/exciting-breakthrough-2-d-lasers

Ø  Among the most talked about class of materials in the world of
nanotechnology today are 2-D transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs)….

Another interesting TMDC which they did not mention, but we have alluded to
here are few times, as a candidate catalyst for hydrogen densification - is
molybdenum disulfide. If this material (the moly) could be induced to lase,
we would have the interesting situation of possibly being able to build an
etched nanocircuit where the SPP formation was integrated as an actual
digital feature of the device.