Hi,

I thought people here might enjoy these images.  Here is a picture of the
sun, taken from Super-Kamiokande, the neutrino detector in Japan:

http://strangepaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/sun.jpg

Here is the table of elements, with their line spectra included:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/rrVzd.png

Apart from the interesting spectra, what I like about the second image is
that the heavier transition elements are not pulled out into a separate
area.  This makes the relationship between them and the others clearer.
For example, one can see right away that the element Ds, or darmstadtium,
has chemical properties similar to nickel, palladium and platinum.

Eric