I wrote:

I did not intend the earlier description to preclude the possibility of
> some kind of electromagnetic stimulation coming along and nudging the
> isomer out of its excited level into a lower one.  I'd be interested if
> someone knows of something like this.

In the paper that Harry linked to [1], there was mention at the end of a
claim in 1999 of being able to stimulate the 2.4 MeV decay of hafnium-178m2
with x-rays with less than 100 keV.  This is a controversial result, for
the energy needed to stimulate the transition is very low, and the result
hasn't been confirmed yet.

Eric

[1] http://epubs.surrey.ac.uk/469/1/fulltext.pdf