On Feb 2, 2016, at 12:24 PM, Edmund Storms wrote:

" I want conventional physics to be used to explain the process  UNTIL A POINT
IS REACHED WHEN NEW PHYSICS [new particles or new interactions] IS REQUIRED."
This point has been reached; we do not know how to explain NAE.

Yesterday I speculated that NAE can be due to a third, totally unknown force,
which is neither "short-range-nuclear" nor "long-range-coulomb."

The barrier would be lowered  if that force, acting on approaching protons,
were directed toward the nucleus.

Now I am speculating that the needed force is acting on waves (mentioned by
Brian J, this morning). What is wrong with the third force speculation?

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)