----- Original Message ----- From: "Taylor J. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:37 AM
Subject: EarthTech's (Scott Little's) magic touch

Horace Heffner wrote on 1-9-06:

Well, it *is* true that Scott Little gained a reputation on vortex
for a psychic ability to suppress cold fusion.  You know, a negative
telekinetic quantum observation thingy.  8^)  OTOH, Scott's
excellence in calorimetry may be the reason for all the negative
results ...

Hi All,

I place most of the blame for Scott's inabilty to reproduce
BLP's results on BLP's refusal to cooperte with Scott,
whose experimental work is the gold standard, as far as I'm
concerned.

However, on 19 Apr, 1998, I engaged in the following
correspondence:

``Subject: Re: BLP (Black Light Power) Run #14

Scott Little ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

::: Jack Smith asked about Run #14....

::: We never saw a peep of excess heat

::: and they never even lifted a finger to assist us. ...

Hi Scott,

BlackLight Power is probably so far ahead that they
see no need to make any concessions; but there may be
alternative approaches which they have not thought of.
Regardless of the risks and benefits involved, their
decision is unfortunate.

The other issue which you raise deserves some discussion:
"We never saw a peep ..."  Some time ago you shared a
Scientific American Frontiers program with a young lady
[Emily Rosa] whose science project examined whether or not
touch therapists could tell which of their hands her hand
was hovering over.  Their detection rate was no better
than chance.

Recently, her work was published in the Journal of the
American Medical Association.  The touch therapist success
rate was only 44%, a slight but interesting negative
correlation.

Consider another experiment in which the effect of
fertilizer brand on petunia growth is to be determined:
Soil, seeds, and fertilizer are added to each pot, BUT
NO WATER.  At the end of a month, it is concluded that
fertilizer brand has no effect on petunia growth.

How is the "no effect" result of the touch therapist
experiment similar to that of the petunia experiment?
Suppose the touch therapists are used in an experiment
to determine whether or not humans can give blood to
each other.  In this case, a few drops of blood from
the experimenter are mixed with a sample of blood from
each therapist.  Using a magnifying glass, no clumping of
the blood (which would be disastrous in someone's veins)
is observed (the experimenter is blood type O- ).

It is concluded that anyone can give blood to anyone.
----- Ridiculous?  Just as people have different blood
types, they may have different "fields" or "auras". [A
touch therapist would not have detected the the presence
of someone who does not generate ANY field.  At least one
other person besides Emily should have hovered her hand
over the hands of the touch therapists.  By the way, for
me the field concept is just a calculational convenience --
I prefer a mental model for force transmission that relies
on particle interactions.]

The petunia experiment is even more complicated if the
effect of each fertilizer brand is optimized with a
different amount of water.

The BLP situation is several orders of magnitude more
complex than the other experiments mentioned here, and
"no effect" should be perceived as only the result in the
specific experiments conducted so far.''

Jack Smith

You do have to wonder if BLP really has anything behind all the hype? I mean, they've been working on their hydrino technology for well over a decade now, and is there really any evidence that it is a new and revolutionary energy source? What exactly is holding them up from revealing their technology to the world? Seems like typical alt.energy footdragging that ends with nothing of substance.