Jed, we have a certain amount of resources when it comes to the work force.
Factors like how long work days shall we have, time lag between that the
educational system can produce useful skills and when it could have been
used and many other things will determine how much over capacity
(unemployment) we will have. Regional unbalances because of large gap
between standard of living also has impact.
The resources will eventually be all engaged. There will always be new
things to discover and to develop. At least until the day we all go blaze
and no longer are curious.
I agree with that there is a short term problem.
That problem does not go away if we try to slow down the progress. That
just makes the problem exist for longer - so long that it becomes an
institution in itself.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)