Bob,

As mentioned in another thread, John Dash found excess heat and nuclear
transmutation using pure titanium cathode and heavy water many years ago.
Impurities in the Titanium are not needed… that is, if you use deuterium. But
can we accept the consequences of radioactive transmutation products?

>From a commercial standpoint, it is desirable to use light water and find
>non-nuclear gain via DCE, even if the gain is less. The net cost will be
>acceptable since there will be no impediment to usage of the device in
>transportation or home, where anything producing toxic isotopes will be
>proscribed due to the inevitability of accidents.

Titanium hydride is way cheaper than the Hunter nickel powder these days (I
recently bought a kilo) but heavy water is locked-in as expensive. It is in
mass production already (due to CANDU) so the high cost will go no lower.

Even if the yield for TiH2 is an order of magnitude less per unit of titanium,
but the cost of deuterium is avoided along with transmutation products and NRC
interference, it would seem to be preferable to go the non-nuclear route.

This understated and almost unknown R&D is some of the best news of the year
for alternative energy - if it can be validated in the USA: we should look
forward to hearing more from the Ukraine/Russian group on this. Wouldn’t they
love to make up for the embarrassment of Chernobyl with a breakthrough like
this…?

From: Bob Cook

The correct impurities may allow for a higher reaction temperature for the LENR
to go in SS mode. Excess energy from phase transition of the coherent system
may be all it takes to induce LENR reactions involving nuclide changes and
excess energy. In spite of “Coulomb Barriers”, the system may want to reach a
more stable state with lower kinetic energy per nucleon and proceed to
accomplish this goal. “

As suggested above, there may be a nuclear source of energy to feed the phase
transitions associated with the Ti addition.