Mats Lewan is quoted:

> <<
> ​...​
> I have been in contact with people with insight into the MW report, that
> hopefully will get public this summer as part of the lawsuit, and they told
> me that based on the contents, the only way for IH to claim a COP about 1
> (that no heat was produced—COP, Coefficient of Performance, is Output
> Energy/Input Energy) would be to accuse Penon of having produced a fake
> report in collaboration with Rossi.

Just based on the interview with Lewan himself I would accuse them of that!
Their statement about blocking the door to the customer convinces me. I
cannot imagine why Mats did not conclude it must be fraud. What was he
thinking?!?

Nothing in the report itself seems to give any opportunity for large
> mistakes, invalidating the claim of a high COP (as opposed to claims by
> people having talked about the report with persons connected to IH).>>

The calorimetry and data I saw is full of holes, large enough for a mistake
on this scale. That data definitely came from Rossi, because he quoted the
same numbers in the interview.

The only question is: are those giant holes stupid mistakes, or deliberate
fraud? You can't tell from the data itself. People do make large mistakes,
after all. Heck, I've made plenty of large mistakes. Rossi has made many
large mistakes.

Based on their refusal to open the customer site, I say fraud. Other people
think it is okay to close the door, so I guess it is a matter of opinion.