So here it is: Penon CV: http://www.cobraf.com/forum/immagini/R_123620809_1.pdf
I realize now (from reading old posts online that raised similar issue) this is an old topic that come out previously. I can verify Laurea is not a Doctorate and this is what Penon has, a Laurea. Not that you need a PhD to be a good engineer. Most engineers do not have a PhD. But I want to point out again how sloppy (in the best of interpretation) or intentional misleading Rossi is in repeating that Penon has a Doctorate. Just a detail but very telling. Giovanni On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Giovanni Santostasi <[email protected]> wrote: > Notice what Rossi does in his response to Rends. He talks in a misleading > way about the qualificatications of Penon (Rossi says Penon has a doctorate > when he does not). > Then he goes in saying that IH was ok with the quarterly reports for 3 > quarters and only at the time of the 4th report they complained. > Even if this were true (IH actually said in the legal documents they had > concerns all along and they were worried about methodology, access to the > plant, they could not replicate results and so on) it means absolutely > nothing. > > Scientific results are not a matter of consensus. Or they are supported by > evidence in a statically significant way, they can be reproduced over and > over by independent parties, all over the world, at different times, or > they are not. > Even if IH agreed (and Dardeen is not a scientist or an engineer) with the > results of the report based on the assumption of good faith of the > reporter, this doesn't have any impact at all on the validity of the > scientific claims of Rossi. It just shows that IH was operating in good > faith and they were open and trusting of Rossi, that is all. > > If anything this speaks well of IH as a partners (even if they should have > known better and not trust Rossi's on face value). > > But it has nothing to do with the question if the eCat really works or > not. Rossi doesn't answer that question at all, just gives his words that > the entire bs story he talks about (in particular that IH was fine with the > 3 quarterly reports) is true. > > I can tell you as an Italian person I know this type. I can see even > through the English translation how he uses language to mislead. He uses > convoluted stories full of excuses to persuade people he is honest. I can > pick up stuff that I think are really cultural behind his behavior that I > think many foreigners cannot. But that is just an aside and what I said > above stands on its own. > > Again, it should be obvious to everybody that Rossi's own words, behavior, > way of thinking is just absolutely dishonest, not straightforward, always > misleading and never addressing the real issues. > > Giovanni > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Jed Rothwell <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> a.ashfield <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> Either Rossi or IH are lying. I hope the ERV's report will shed some >>> light on who is telling the truth. >>> >> >> The ERV claims the flow rate was exactly 36,000 kg per day, the pressure >> 0.0 bar, and the system produced 1 MW on days when Rossi said it was turned >> off, and eyewitnesses confirmed it was off, and on days when it was running >> with half the reactors off. If you think could be the truth, you have a >> screw loose. >> >> Now we have Rossi officially claiming that that heat was magically >> swallowed up by an endothermic industrial process. What? Did he melt ice >> all day long, and no one noticed truckload after truckload of ice coming >> in? If you seriously believe that you have another screw loose. >> >> It is time for you to admit that Rossi played you for a fool. >> >> - Jed >> >> >

