AA  Rossi says he has a theory, so you are wrong.
Jed I know he has a theory, but I believe it keeps changing, and the theorists tell me it has no merit."

In your last comment you stated he did not have a theory.
I was not aware there was a consensus yet on the theory of how cold fusion works.

AA

    The reaction must be nuclear in some form, even if it is not fusion.

If you claim it is nuclear reaction of type A and it turns out to be B instead, that puts your patent in jeopardy. Since you cannot patent a theory, there is no point to mentioning one at all. That is according to David French.