Jed,
I don't know where you are getting your information from but it looks to me that others in academia are taking a wait and see stand rather than dismissing Rossi as you do. It also seems there is more research going on in Ni/LAH/Li systems with other governments now starting to back it. The problem with the better proven electrolysis route is that it is not clear how it can be scaled up. I expect to see a commercial unit from Rossi in 6 - 12 months.

AA