From: Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2016 9:26 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Ah hah.... dark matter internal to common matter

They are proposing MOND as a new/old solution.  The trouble is that MOND has
adjustable parameters and does not explain why this occurs, only provides a
means to fit an equation to the modification of Newtonian mechanics.  Michael
McCulloch wrote a book about his MiHsC theory that derives from first
hypothesis how inertial mass (Mi) can differ from gravitational mass.  The
prediction seems to fit pretty well with the data without adjustable parameters
- a very nice plus.  But, after reading his book (Physics from the Edge), I
decided that what he proposed violated causality.  I wrote to him about it, and
he agreed that it did violate causality but he was working on an explanation
for that.  Perhaps his equations are right, but for the wrong reason.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Russ George