"The Constants of the Motion Tend Toward the Electromagnetic in a Bose
Condensate that is stimulated at a Dimensional Frequency of 1.094,000
hertz-meters".

-----Original Message-----
From: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
To: Vortex List <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Dec 22, 2016 2:12 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: Reason why there are no dead grad students...

Speaking of high transition temperature in palladium hydride ...      in the
context of LENR, check out the summary of this patent where      the inventor
claims to have witnessed HTSC near ambient: "Samples      have been produced
having critical temperatures of 51.6K ... 100K,      and 272.5K."

https://www.google.com/patents/US7033568

Yet, that claim creates an interesting situation. Since thermal      gain of
LENR would quell the HTSC effect - is there any way to use      both to benefit
assuming the lattice must not exceed 272K, for      instance?

I think there is a prime application for this scenario, aside      from arctic
hand warmers...but I will save it for another time...      It appears that the
patent above went nowhere for Paolo

Jones Beene wrote:

Hi Mark,

Your quotes from the citation brings to mind the mystery        connection to
HTSC (high temperature superconductivity).

Since the early days there was thought to be some kind of vague        and
undefined connection between LENR and HTSC. This is due        primarily to the
fact that palladium hydride is superconductive        but palladium isn't. The
quote you mentioned adds an explanation        in the form of lattice
vibrations. The problem is the transition        temperature.

BTW - for those who are not aware of the history of this -        Brian Ahern
(who was a USAF researcher at the time, specializing        in SC)
independently discovered Pd-H superconductivity many        years ago - only to
find that it had already been reported by        someone else (and patented).
It is still ignored as a factor for        gain in "cold fusion" due to the
aforementioned problem of        transition temperature. This is probably one
of the details that        got Brian hooked on LENR - even before P&F and he
also        discovered that an alloy of nickel and palladium performs much
  better than palladium alone for excess heat.

For the heck of it, I did a quicky search to see if "nickel        hydride" has
ever been reported with SC properties. This begs to        be part of the
LENR-CANR library even if the rationale between        LENR and HTSC is foggy.

As it turns out - W-L also picked up on the cross-connection        and found
the same citation I found:
      Superconductivity in the palladium-hydrogen and
palladium-nickel-hydrogen systems
      Authors -  First published: 16 June 1972 by
      T. Skoskiewicz
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pssa.2210110253/abstract

The paper is a poor scan, I am trying to find a digital        version. This is
almost 45 years old ! Why is it seldom        mentioned?

This is a fine blog article from EM Smith on the situation        (which I had
read but forgot), It is worth a reread.

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/widom-larsen-superconducting-hydrides-and-directed-speculation/

 MarkI-ZeroPoint wrote:

Vorts,

Haven’t had time to do much sci-surfing            in 2016, but as is quite
common in my life, when I get a            nagging feeling to do it, I come
across stuff that could be            very significant…

Happened to go to physorg.com today when            eating lunch at work and
came across this article:

    “Laser pulses help scientists tease            apart complex electron
interactions”

http://phys.org/news/2016-12-laser-pulses-scientists-complex-electron.html

Title doesn’t really sound all that            breakthrough, but for some
reason I clicked on it and came            across what could be the mechanism
of action in LENR            reactions which gently sheds the energy to the
lattice            instead of ejecting high-energy particles, i.e., the
   ‘expected’ mechanism.  To quote the article:

“But              they also discovered another, unexpected signal-which they
          say represents a distinct form of extremely efficient energy loss at
a particular                energy level and timescale between the other two.

"We              see a very strong and peculiar interaction between the
     excited electrons and the lattice where the electrons                are
losing most of their energy very rapidly in a                coherent,
non-random way," Rameau said. At this              special energy level, he
explained, the electrons                appear to be interacting with lattice
atoms all                vibrating at a particular frequency-like a tuning fork
               emitting a single note. When all of the electrons
that have the energy required for this unique interaction              have
given up most of their energy, they start to cool              down more slowly
by hitting atoms more randomly without              striking the "resonant"
frequency, he said.

"We              know now that this interaction doesn't just switch on when
         the material becomes a superconductor; it's actually
always there,"

Although electron-based and not            nucleus-based, it still makes me
wonder if this is one step            in a multi-step process of energy
transfer… nucleus to            electrons to lattice.

It is in a very narrow energy range, and            is obviously some kind of
resonance (coherent) condition…            which also explains why it’s so hard
to reproduce.  Wonder            if the narrow energy kink is anywhere close to
FrankZ’s            1.094Mhz-meter?

BTW, the research also used a setup which            I’ve been ranting about
for years… the electron stroboscope.

"By              varying the time between the 'pump' and 'probe' laser
    pulses we can build up a stroboscopic record of what              happens -
a movie of what this material looks like from              rest through the
violent interaction to how it settles              back down,"

Merry Christmas to All,

-mark iverson