-----Original Message-----
From: OrionWorks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 3:17 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Who Killed the EV?

> From: Jed Rothwell
>
> > Zell, Chris wrote:

> >Cold weather makes electric cars even worse.  The public wants
> >wasteful, gas sucking monster SUV's , not dinky,  "75 mile range",
> >recharge - over
>> night Toys.

Testosterone related vehicles?  Whenever my wife sees some old guy in a
hot sports car, she yells "Sorry about your penis!"

GM should develop a diesel hybrid quickly.  You would get the fuel
economy of the diesel together with decent acceleration provided by
batteries or ultracaps.  Sounds win-win especially if we start producing
biodiesel commercially.  The Indonesians are seriously looking at
Palm oil.

If I was an oil company conspirator, I would help fund every whining,
ceaselessly complaining enviro-group around ( but isn't that most of
them?)

Wind turbines kill birds,  biodiesel starves the poor,  new power plants
( and everything else) causes cancer and if that fails,  just do the
NIMBY mantra.

It's amazing that the human race has come this far.............