Unfortunately, the bullet-proof case for net energy gain was not made at the time. There is apparent gain, but not proved gain.

Brian Ahern ran the test for many days using a very high capacity battery array. At the end of the test, the battery pack appeared to be fully charged, but there's the rub "appeared to be".

LIPO batteries are well-known to present a pseudo voltage which is higher than the average voltage, especially in a case where HV BMEF is present ... and thus a large pack which seems fully charged could in fact have lost a great deal of charge. That is because measuring the voltage is the easy way to determine state of charge, and when it is known that pseudo-voltage happens, the results cannot be relied on.

Bottom line. Although we want want to think the battery pack was fully charged, the deal was not closed and doubt remains.

The best way to have made the case of real gain would have been to actually drive the EV around until the battery pack was fully discharged and then work backwards from the mileage driven to determine the real state of charge at the start.

Sadly, circumstances prevented that from happening, so although it appears there was gain, the level of proof does not support that conclusion. Even more sadly, the inventor then became incapacitated and the vehicle was sold. The remnants of the device (magnetic billet) have been tested but there is still no good indication of the apparent gain seen earlier.

The one detail which cannot be doubted is the cooling effect. That alone is worth something.

Chris Zell wrote:

Another overlapping mechanism to add into the mix for the Manelas effect, which is probably a "Maxwell's Demon" in its own special way is related to the organizing mechanism mentioned by Chris... and it has a name: Doppler cooling

Sounds kinda red shifty to me.   Not sure how we extract energy from it.